Ok, so this is my blog of my adventures around the world!!! First stop it's Nepal to climb to Everest Base Camp and a few other bits, then it's onto Sri Lanka for a month of teaching English, I will also be meeting Ev, my partner in crime for the rest of the trip! Then its a quick stop in Thailand on the way down to a month in Australia. And finally the bit I really can't wait to do, 7 weeks in New Zealand and then home!!!!


Wednesday 5 March 2008

Mon 3rd March, OMG can he even drive?

Today has been crazy, I'll cut all the boring bits out and skip a few hours bus ride and we're at the rafting site!!!! The river we were going to be rafting on was called the Trisuli river, it was huge and eventually meets with the Ganges river in India. Anyways onto the rafting, it was a bit boring to start as we had aload of newbies so we were just doing basic paddling but eventually we set off properly and onto the good stuff. Some of the rapids we did were grade 3-4 so they were fair large and I really did think I was gonna fall out of the boat. So 3 hours later we were coming to an end, one person had fallen in, I was thoroughly drenched and it was thunder and lightening!!! After I'd finished the rafting I needed to catch a bus to Chitwan, the national park. This was some what traumatic, I didn't dare sleep incase my stuff got nicked, the woman next to me kept puking out the window and the driver would have been better placed in a loony bin rather than behind the wheel of a bus. But anyway 2hours later I was in Chitwan, by this point I was starting to think shit I'm going to be sleeping in some mud hut and its gonna be awlful, however it turned out ace, my hotel (which I booked in Kathmandu as part of a tour thing) was really nice, hot shower, double bed, the lot! So thats it! Tommorow I'm off crocodile hunting, rhino spotting, elephant bathing and a safari, I'll let you know how it goes!!!

No comments: