Ok, so this is my blog of my adventures around the world!!! First stop it's Nepal to climb to Everest Base Camp and a few other bits, then it's onto Sri Lanka for a month of teaching English, I will also be meeting Ev, my partner in crime for the rest of the trip! Then its a quick stop in Thailand on the way down to a month in Australia. And finally the bit I really can't wait to do, 7 weeks in New Zealand and then home!!!!


Tuesday 18 March 2008

Tue 18th March, Sweating like a fat man at the gym

Well I'm finally in Sri Lanka, its bloody hot (in a hot, sticky, humid way) and all I have eaten so far is curry and rice, you get it breakfast, lunch and tea, I'm all curried out. Also they don't use cutlery here, they eat with their hands, so when I get home I'll show you all how to eat curry properly, you do this flicky thumb thing to get it in your mouth. I found when I first tried it my t-shirt got more food than I did!! My actual project in Sri Lanka is called Sputnik and its about 3-4 hours drive from Columbo the capital. Theres 3 parts to it, in a morning I teach pre-school, then after lunch I go to a girls childrens orphanage (well I pick them up from school and take them back to their orphanage and stay for a couple of hours) and on a tues and weds night I teach people my age or older english, but tbh they don't need teaching they are fairly fluent. When I say 'I' I mean me and Ev as she's here now!! whoooo. Apart from that I haven't done much. My actual flight to Sri lanka was ok, nothing got cancelled and Delhi airport is still a shithole. When I got to Delhi airport I really wanted junk food as in like Big Mac, I haven't eaten junk food in over 4weeks, I felt deprived! Anyways I ran around like a total idiot trying to find a Mac Donalds and after half an hour I realised I wouldn't find one because in India cows are sacred, so there was definatly no chance of eating one sliced and diced with fries, I was bitterly disappointed and had to have Subway instead. So thats about it! Comments on my blog would be nice, I feel unloved guys!!! xxx

2 comments:

Liz said...

lol my mum and dad stayed in india for a bit after uni, they let the cows wander all over the road apparently, and tons of people die every year after hitting a cow.. :S

life's back to normal here, everyone's home for easter, i'm back at tesco on thurs, at the moment it's nearly 2am and i'm sat up watching tv cause i can't be bothered going to bed.. laazy, hehe
haven't been out yet, that's friday night, but i've got work 8am saturday!

sounds like you're still having an ace time.. hope you get on well with ev if you're gonna be stuck with her! loadsa love xxx

p.s. it's bloody freezing here!

Dukey said...

Wow that sounds amazing! Good to hear ur still having loadsa fun.
I just climbed Snowdon on Monday and did the 3 peaks of Yorkshire on Wednesday. Im nackered now lol.
Hope your still having an amazing time.
xxx