Ok, so this is my blog of my adventures around the world!!! First stop it's Nepal to climb to Everest Base Camp and a few other bits, then it's onto Sri Lanka for a month of teaching English, I will also be meeting Ev, my partner in crime for the rest of the trip! Then its a quick stop in Thailand on the way down to a month in Australia. And finally the bit I really can't wait to do, 7 weeks in New Zealand and then home!!!!


Monday 10 March 2008

Mon 10th March, I'm so sorry I puked on you!

Well it's been an interesting couple of days, first of all I finshed off my white water kayaking course on the Seti river. It was ace, I capsized a fair few times and took a bit of a bashing on a few rocks but it was still ace. At night we camped on the beaches at the side of the river, when I say camped we didn't have tents just a small shelter it was like sleeping outside!! By the end we were doing some fairly large drops and some huge waves! I got back to Pokhara on sunday night, where I amazed myself by finding somewhere to have dinner for 60rupees (thats 50p to you guys) it was actually really nice too. Today I went paragliding which was fairly eventful lol, my poor instructor was a french guy called David, and unfortunatly for him in the last 10minutes of my flight we caught a really big thermal (thats a big gust of wind) and were spiralling really fast, it was then I decided I felt bit quesy and emptied the entire contents of my stomach on him. we landed shortly after that and I was like OMG I'm so sorry, he didn't seem too bothered so I think it must happen quite often lol!!! hmmm anyway after my exciting morning I'm just taking it easy in Pokhara and I'm off back to Kathmandu on thursday ready for my flight to Sri lanka on saturday morning, where I get to meet Ev my partner in crime for the rest of my trip!!!

1 comment:

Liz said...

I really REALLY want to go skydiving, don't think I'm the sicky type! Kayaking sounds ace but rather scary!

Nearly Easter hols now, it's prizegiving at school, guessing you won't be there, I'll miss you! xxx