Ok, so this is my blog of my adventures around the world!!! First stop it's Nepal to climb to Everest Base Camp and a few other bits, then it's onto Sri Lanka for a month of teaching English, I will also be meeting Ev, my partner in crime for the rest of the trip! Then its a quick stop in Thailand on the way down to a month in Australia. And finally the bit I really can't wait to do, 7 weeks in New Zealand and then home!!!!


Saturday 16 February 2008

16th Feb, Your not scottish??

Well today hasn't been quite as exciting as yesterday but still quite good. I met up with my group that I'm going to trek to base camp with. Theres 12 of us but more than half are from Oz, they all think I'm scottish because of the yorkshire accent LMAO, they really have no idea. I'm also the youngest by far they're all like 23-25. Apart from meeting the group, haven't really done much today, had a bit of a wander round Thamel and went for a meal tonight with my group. So not much to blog really, but for all my avid readers (not lol) I won't be putting anything new up till the 1st of march when I'm back in civilisation from my trek up everest, I'm sure I will have alot to say!!!
xxx

6 comments:

Jamie said...

When I was in America earlier this month I got asked by a girl if I was Scottish. Then she started flirting with me, so I forgot all about that stupid question! lol.

Good luck Hol!!

Dukey said...

Haha Yorkshire does not equal Scotland lol. Best of luck Hol!
Dont let the big kids push you around!
x

Rach said...

You'll be suprised how many ozzies think that! they're not that bright! bug kiss x

Unknown said...

sounds like your havign a good time so far! i am reading it so keep doing it! xxx

Joanne said...

Hi Hol,
You sound to be having a great time but I still think your brave all that way on your own. Hope you've enjoyed your trek and keep in touch. Take Care

Liz said...

good luck! soo jealous, I haven't even made it up Scafell Pike yet lol me and my brother keep meaning to do that every time we're in the lakes!

can't believe right now while I'm sat here you're going up Everest! isn't it like 5 or 6 hours ahead there, so it's the middle of the night for you

hope you're having an ace time xxx

p.s. elizabeth = liz never forget it! stupid google thing