Ok, so this is my blog of my adventures around the world!!! First stop it's Nepal to climb to Everest Base Camp and a few other bits, then it's onto Sri Lanka for a month of teaching English, I will also be meeting Ev, my partner in crime for the rest of the trip! Then its a quick stop in Thailand on the way down to a month in Australia. And finally the bit I really can't wait to do, 7 weeks in New Zealand and then home!!!!


Sunday 20 April 2008

Sun 20th April, Sydney!

Right okay folks, I've moved countries again! I'm now in Australia, Bondi beach just outside of Sydney to be precise. I've been staying here in a hostel since Thursday, its really cool, the beach is really nice and the waves are huge! I've not given surfing a go yet but its definatly on my list of things to do. Yesterday me and Ev got the bus to Circular quay in the centre of Sydney and then caught a ferry to darling harbour where we went to Sydney Aquarium. My favourite had to be the seals, they we're cute. We also saw a huge manta ray thing. ooooh and I stroked a blue starfish and a sea slug, it was revolting. After we had been in the aquarium we wondered around the harbour for a bit and then caught a ferry back to Circular quay and then got another to Watsons bay. From Watson's bay we got a bus back to Bondi beach. Apart from that we haven't really done much other than explore around Bondi and use an outdoor swimming pool which fills up with sea water from the waves and is so cold you turn blue and can't feel your limbs! Hopefully tommorow we are moving on but between us we can't actually decide where we want to go next!

2 comments:

Rosie said...

My god Hol, cant beieve you're actually in Australia, I wasnt sure where you were and I reckoned you were probs still in the wilds of Nepal. I'm sooo jealous, Sydney certainly sounds a lot more exciting than lectures - there is an aquarium here though! Tis so good to hear you're having a good time. Hope you continue to have lots of fun times - wish I'd done a gap year!
Have fun!
Rosie xxxx

Rach said...

well its all about you isnt it!!!! bet your loving sydney! which i was there my family live their and my cousin who lives in manly has just announced shes having another baby! you have to go bryon without a doubt so head north... jump on the greyhound and dont forget to stop at cheeky's! big kiss love you both loads and cant wait to see you xxx