Ok, so this is my blog of my adventures around the world!!! First stop it's Nepal to climb to Everest Base Camp and a few other bits, then it's onto Sri Lanka for a month of teaching English, I will also be meeting Ev, my partner in crime for the rest of the trip! Then its a quick stop in Thailand on the way down to a month in Australia. And finally the bit I really can't wait to do, 7 weeks in New Zealand and then home!!!!


Saturday 12 April 2008

Sunday 13th April, Thai new year


Right ok, this is going to be the quickest blog ever because I'm only in Thailand for 4 days so I don't want to spend too much time in internet cafes updating my blog. Yesterday Me and Ev flew from Sri Lanka to Bangkok, the flight was a bit boring as we were sat on the plane for two hours before it even took off due to there been a system failure and the engineers had to fix it. When we finally got to Bangkok it was mayhem as its new year here. As part of the new year celebration everyone runs round the streets with water pistols and has a huge water fight. They also wipe flour and water all over your face! Oooh I also forgot to mention before we left Sri Lanka me, Steph and Catherine climbed Adams peak. It supposed to be a religious fingy and your supposed to climb it at night and wait for sunrise but we just climbed to the top and came back down before sunrise coz it was peeing it down. On the way down I did get a blessing from a monk tho, he tied a string fing around my wrist, I've no idea what it was actually blessed with tho. After that we went to Negombo for our last night before we left Sri Lanka. So thats it so far, I'm now going to get a water pistol and run round the streets like a loony with everyone else here!

No comments: