Ok, so this is my blog of my adventures around the world!!! First stop it's Nepal to climb to Everest Base Camp and a few other bits, then it's onto Sri Lanka for a month of teaching English, I will also be meeting Ev, my partner in crime for the rest of the trip! Then its a quick stop in Thailand on the way down to a month in Australia. And finally the bit I really can't wait to do, 7 weeks in New Zealand and then home!!!!


Tuesday 24 June 2008

Wednesday 15th June, Faceplant!


Okay so I'm nearing the end of my blog now, with just 9 days left in New Zealand and 10 till I get home. Its gone rather quick and I really don't want to come home and get a job :( So anyways in the last few days me and Ev have been up to quite a lot. After we dropped the van off we stayed in Auckland for a night of two and then we got the Kiwi Experience bus up to Paihia in the bay of islands. Paihia was a bit of a sleepy place with not much going on but as usual we made our own mischief. On our first day in Paihia we got the ferry across the bay to Russell. Russell was quaint looking but there was much to do there, so we had quick look around and hopped back on the ferry. After our uneventful trip to Russell we chilled out for a day or two before going on a day trip up to Cape Reinga. Cape Reinga is the top point of New Zealand, you can see the pacific ocean and the Tasman sea meet. So cue lots of tourist pics, at the point lighthouse and next to the sign which said how many mile we we're from London etc etc. After this we moved on to the sand dunes, this is the fun bit. At the sand dunes we went sand boarding, this was, as one would imagine, a bit sandy more so for me though. I built so much speed up as I went down the hill I slid off the front of my board and carried on sliding without it and smacked my face in the sand and swallowed about half the dune. After we had enough of sand boarding we took the coach down to 90mile beach. This is somewhat of a silly place, because one it is not 90miles long, and two, it is classed as a highway and therefore has a speed limit even tho it is a beach. It was a tad weird been sat on a coach which was driving down the beach but i have done weirder things on my trip so I got over it. On our little sand excursion we also saw the hole in the rock and caught some Pipi and ate the Pipi we caught. So after the 90 mile beach we had a quick stop for fish and chips and then made our way back to Paihia. We were in Paihia for a few more days, we did a cruise of some of the islands around Paihia and got up close to some dolphins, rather cool and that's about it. On Monday we got picked up in Paihia by some of Ev's relatives who we are staying with for a few nights, free accommodation whooo. So that's about it, I shall be seeing you all quite soon xx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,


Please provide me the email id of webmaster of your website: http://holsadventures.blogspot.com/


Thanks